Tata Infotech Sample Papers
Directions: Give the synonyms for the following words
1. Depreciation: deflation, depression, devaluation, fall, slump
2. Deprecate : feel and express disapproval,
3. Incentive : thing one encourages one to do (stimulus)
4. Echelon : level of authority or responsibility
5. Innovation : make changes or introduce new things
6. Intermittent : externally stopping and then starting
7. Detrimental: harmful
8. Conciliation : make less angry or more friendly
Directions: In the following questions complete the series
NOTE: This section is quite tough and consists of 26 questions to be done in 10 minutes. Please keep track of time.
1. A C B D E F G I - I H K J L
1. 420% OF 7.79 = ?
3. 10995 /95 = ?
4. 43+557-247 =?
5. 3107*3.082= ?
6. 48.7 + 24.9 - 8.7 = ?
7.525.0/47.8 = ?
8. (135-30-14)*7 - 6 +2 = ?
9. 3/8 * 5.04=?
10. 697 /219 = ?
11.8/64 +64/16 =?
12. 298 * 312 / 208 = ?
13. 0.33 *1496 /13 = ?
14.0.26 + 1/8 = ?
15. 66.17+1/3= ?
16. 2.84+1/4= ?
17. 33% OF 450 = ?
18. 907.54 / 0,3073= ?
19.There are two categories of persons in ratio A:B =
2:3. A type earns 2.5 dollars/hr and
20. Total balls are z, the number of red balls is n and
the remaining are blak balls,then the % of black
Ans. (z - n) / z*100
21. If A = C, B = 2D what should be done to make the ratio same. i.e.a/b = c/d
Ans. Multiply A by 2
22. If P=Total number of components, Q = number of defective components .What is the % of non defective components?
Ans. (p-q) / p*100
23. If the cost of an article is x , first discount given
is y% of cost, second discount given is z% of cost .
24.Which of the following are prime numbers
25. A / B = C; C > D then
(a) A is always greater than D
26. If B>C and A<C which of the following is larger than A+B+C
Ans. ( A + B )C
27. If for H hours of work the salary is S and the employee gets x hours of medical leave, then what is the salary/hr ?
28. ( 1/6 of 596) / (0.695) = ?
29. 35-30 + 4/7 - 5 + 1 = ?
30. 10995 + 95 = ?
31. If on a salary of Rs."S" per month,one has to pay one
tax of x Rs. and a second type of tax of y Rs
32. B>A then which expression will be highest value
33. K, L are men who take home a salary of x, y respectively.The total amount taken home is
Ans. Kx + Ly
Ans. (x-y) / x*100
36. 0.512 * 18902358 =?
37. If the % of defective balls is 10% balls,and the
number of defective balls is 5.The number of balls is
39. 0.398 * 456= ?
41. If c = a/b; a-1 = c, what is the relation between a
42. What is the sum of 7 consecutive odd numbers with 27 as the fourth number
are 7 flow charts and each has 5-6 blank rectangles/diamonds with
NOTE: These types of questions are not at all tough. You have to understand the logic and then it is very easy to fill the blanks. Some information is provided for getting to the answers. There will be blanks which have to be filled.
Examples of flow charts asked to be filled :
(2) There are red and black balls in a box. You select some balls from the blocks. If the ball chosen is red then you get one point. If the chosen ball is ball black and previous ball is red then you get two points. For winning u have to get seven points. No point for selecting consecutive balls of the same color.
(3)Classify objects in class A, class B and scrap. for classing you have to do different tests such as weight test, material test etc.
(4)There is production process in which action depends on temperature and pressure and we have some temperature and pressure controls. Draw a flowchart to complete the process.
(5)Find max. and min. of the 12 nos. in an array. Arrange
the array in ascending order and find the maximum and
(6)Diffrent age group are given and also different salary slabs are given. Depending on the salary group as well as his group you have to classify the group of people in particular class.